Argan oil has been “in fashion” in the hair circles for a while now & I’ve enjoyed a few products containing it so I was keen to try Kiehls‘ too. There is definitely a movement lately to be more conscious of what goes into our skin & hair care products but Kiehl’s has been doing this right from the start. The Kiehl’s philosophy is about choosing the very best ingredients – the perfect balance between nature and science. As a natural, this really spoke to me!
Prescribed for frizzy/unruly hair (did someone say my name?!) on their website, this “Superbly Smoothing” range stood out to me on shelf & didn’t disappoint!
The Kiehl’s Superbly Smoothing Argan range has a 250ml shampoo (R235), 200ml conditioner (R235) & 250ml treatment (referred to as the Hair Pak) (R369).
- the shampoo is silicone, sulfate & paraben-free (I can see all the naturals doing an air punch right now!) & is low foaming, cleansing very gently.
- the range is jam-packed with nourishing ingredients including a variety of natural oils such as safflower oil, cedar wood oil & cocoa seed butter & thats aside from the argan oil.
- the treatment needs to stay on for a minimum of 3 minutes but I kept it on overnight – with amazing results.
- the conditioner & treatment smell ah-may-zing – I can’t describe it, it’s like sunshine in a bottle!
- the shampoo delivers loads of TLC & is also good for coloured/dyed hair as it won’t strip the colour
- the conditioner had great slip & I was quite surprised that I didn’t need a whole lot of it before I could start detangling (I used 2 sachets which is +- 10mls)
- the shampoo has a slightly medicinal smell which some folks may not like but I really didn’t mind. Once followed up by the conditioner & treatment it’s completely gone & totally yummy smelling!
My hair was amazingly soft after just using the shampoo & conditioner but the treatment was a major bonus having the highest concentrations of these wholesome ingredients. When I rinsed it out the next morning my hair was noticeably softer to the touch for days & it smelled divine!
If I ran the brand
- I’d like to see the conditioner & treatment in bigger sizes vs. the shampoo since I generally use more product on those but that’s an ongoing battle as a natural 🙂
Need to know
Be kind to your hair!