Finding new spots in the city makes me ridiculously happy so imagine my delight when completely by chance I drove by Love Food Deli & Cafe in Braamies (that’s Braamfontein if you don’t often venture into the city) recently. I only caught glimpse but I was intrigued & I promptly made my way back over there for lunch the very next day.
Love Food really believes in the SLOW concept. Their healthy, good for you kind of food has really got quite a following in quite a short time & the place was buzzing with corporates (bored to death of canteen food I imagine) over lunch time when we arrived.
I loooove the street cafe style vibe & we made sure to grab a table outside.
They were very busy over lunch but as you can see everything was yummy
- Did I mention it’s in the city (loads of brownie point in my book)
- They serve Paul’s Homemade ice cream – so dessert’s sorted!
- Wholesome, homemade food & its healthy too!
- I’m no vegetarian but their veggie fritters were delicious!
- I like the buffet layout so I can choose what I want & how much of it I want (I love to taste a bit of everything)
- seriously, what’s not to like?
The Love Food team are super hands on
We couldn’t establish from the waiter where it was from, but the coffee was pretty decent too!
I love the rustic décor.
A recent discovery, Paul’s homemade ice cream – a must try!
Need to know
- They’re open for breakfast & lunch (the lunch menu changes daily).
- Food is weighed at the buffet (kinda like the Woolies harvest table concept).
- They do burger Fridays where you can build your on burger (veggie or beef).
- Love Food is closed on weekends except for functions.
If I ran the place
- I wouldn’t change a thing.
4 Ameshoff Street, Braamfontein, Jhb.
073 327 4099 / 083 602 6511
email@example.com & www.lovefoodkitchen.com