I got a spoilt with a bundle of goodies from The Spa Shop recently (yup, expect a bunch of reviews!). The hair goodies caught my eye immediately – always awesome when someone takes the time to read your blog instead of just sending you a bunch of stuff!
If you haven’t heard of them, The Spa Shop is an online store run by Sarah Daly who worked in the industry nationally & internationally but decided to quit & do something a little different & launched The Spa Shop last year. They offer a wide variety of spa brands such as Balm Balm, Beaucience, Rapid Lash, Dr Hauschka (to name just a few) that aren’t typically available widely in retail stores. The site is a breeze to navigate & there’s no minimum order. Plus if you purchase for over R1 000, delivery to your door is free!
I started with the Scott & Wells daily shampoo that I got as part of the package. Here’s what I thought…
- it’s sulphate free (can I get a whoop, whoop please naturals!)
- it’s loaded with good ingredients such as birch extract, linden flower extract, rosemary extract, rosemary extract, sage leaf extract (the list goes on!) all of which are certified organic!
- it lathers up lightly (i.e. no endless soap suds) so it cleans gently & doesn’t strip
- the press cap is easy to use with slippery hands in the shower & also to control how much you use
- it has a very slight fragrance if at all
- not a thing, except that since the shampoo is so divine I wish I had their conditioner on hand to try! 🙂 I followed up with my TRESsemme naturals conditioner instead.
I really enjoyed this shampoo & would repurchase. I didn’t pre poo before I used it as I wanted to get a real feel for the product’s performance on its own. My fro felt thoroughly clean & soft (I made sure to have good look & feel before applying conditioner). While I wouldn’t use it (or any other shampoo for that matter) daily I can see why they say it’s suitable for daily use on the bottle.
By the way, I’d seen the brand before & I knew it was a salon brand but for some reason I thought it was an international brand, but they are in fact Proudly South African! Yet another example of White/Caucasion products working fantastically well on ethnic hair too so don’t limit yourself! Oh & you may have seen the Scott & Wells branded salons in Gateway & Umhlanga…
If I ran the brand
- There are loads of women craving good sulphate free shampoos who probably don’t know about this product, so I would just scream this benefit more.
Need to know
Be kind to your hair!