I was driving along running some errands one Saturday afternoon when I had a craving for sweet corn fritters and my usual spot wasn’t really close by and so Google to the rescue. Ritual Café popped up and was very nearby. I hadn’t been there before, so thought I’d check it out since I had time to spare…
- The coffee was unexpectedly good. I made a mental note to take the hubby back.
- Did I mention the coffee? I had an Americano and if I’d known it was that good I’d have opted for a cappuccino instead. I couldn’t get from the waiters what kind/brand it was but it was good nonetheless.
- Talking about the staff they took really good care of me – but it must be said that I was the only one in the store!
- Yeah so being the only one is a restaurant (& did I add that I went by myself) doesn’t really lend itself to great ambiance but hey that’s not their fault.
So how were the sweet corn fritters? Good not great. They hit the spot mostly but I like mine much lighter & less flour-y and more sweet corn-y. (I realise that isn’t even a proper sentence & is held together by words that I made up but I do hope you know what I mean).
If I ran the place
- I really don’t know?! How does one inject ambiance? Soft background music?
Need to know
- They’re also licensed and there’s plenty on offer if you have a sweet tooth.
I’ll be back for the coffee and maybe something off the dessert table 🙂
Corner Naivasha and Rivonia Rd, Sandton, Johannesburg
011 807 3264