I have a little obsession with body exfoliators. I think they’re so, so underrated. Many of my friends haven’t tried one. Like ever! I honestly don’t even know how we’re still friends.
Lush stash #1. Somebody stop me!
I got a Lush stash earlier this year when I was in Durban and recently added to it again this week so I thought best I get reviewing!
I picked up 2 very different body exfoliators to play with… Rub Rub Rub & Aqua Mirabilis (stay tuned for my review in the next few days). So lets talk Rub Rub Rub…
Rub Rub Rub – R148 for 300g
Here’s where WordPress needs a scratch & sniff function – this stuff is so good!
You guess it – Rub Rub Rub (one of their 20 top sellers!) is a shower scrub that makes me feel like I’m on a beach holiday! The consistency is thick & goopy & you can see & feel the main ingredient (sea salt) immediately.
- the smell – its like the ocean’s been bottled! My bathroom smells delicious for 2/3 days after I use this.
- that smell comes from great ingredients (which really is what Lush is all about!): sea salt, lemon juice, jasmine, orange flower, the list goes on!
- I like my exfoliators somewhere between course & very course & this one hits the spot. I turn the shower off & shake some of the excess water off (& maybe even towel dry/dab lightly) before I start spreading this good stuff. Like the name says, I like to spend 4-5 minutes just rubbing & making sure I pay extra attention to my elbows, knees & even my feet. The bonus is that you automatically have soft hands by the time you’re done too!
- There’s a lot more moisture in here than I would ever have expected even for dry skin like mine – good surprise!
- nothing but if pressed I’d say I’d love a bigger bottle. I’m probably going to get 4-5 uses from this tub in total & I’d love more!
In terms of the way Lush recommends you use this product, it’s not quite the way I like to. They give the option of using it straight onto your dry body from the tub, or under running water in the shower. As you can see I prefer something in between mainly because I like to use a shower gel 1st to get all the dirt off (it’s psychological) & then the scrub is more of a pampering treatment vs. a cleansing one. It does have soap suds as you rinse off though so f you’re not OCD like me, it should be enough. Oh & it’s also has a unisex scent if you like to share (I don’t!).
I’m repurchasing for sure!
PS I (still) want to moan about there not being a Lush in Jhb but then I think about how broke I would be if there was one. If you didn’t know, they do have an online store so R90 delivery fee will get you your Lush fix but certain (fresh) items are available in-store only…