Remember that list I made of products I was testing? Well an update’s long overdue. If you’re a hair enthusiast, ApHogee needs no introduction. I’ve seen it on blogs & vlogs for years & as far as protein goes it doesn’t get
much any better than this… Aimed at damaged hair, ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor describes themselves as best suited for “tinted, bleached or relaxed” tresses. Since my hair is none of those (& has had hardly had any heat at all) & generally quite thick, some may say its a waste but I like to give my hair a boost from time to time so I use this 6 weeks to 2 months apart to inject some strength into my hair. Lust
- It really delivers! Even while finger detangling & rinsing I see little to no of the usual hair fall that I do when washing & conditioning. It’s a very noticeable difference!
- ApHogee lists prophytamine complex as the exclusive magic ingredient. Nothing comes up for this under a google search but ApHogee says its “blend of keratin amino acids, botanical oils, and vitamins does wonders to restore strength and softness to hair that requires a deep, penetrating treatment”.
- It works quite quickly & it advisable to keep on for just 2 minutes and 5 minutes for severe cases (with a plastic cap & warm towel)
- There isn’t that “hard” feeling you get with some protein treatments since it also contains natural oils like avo oil, mauritia flexuosa fruit oil (palm oil) & wheat germ oil
- Smells great!
- Surprisingly it does contain mineral oil (the 5th ingredient on the list). I really wasn’t expecting it to & wish it didn’t but hey, I have to say it works anyway
This is exactly the kind of treatment my hair would have needed when I was relaxed & I would have used it more regularly then. I would also say anyone using heat needs this treatment regularly. If like me, you’re natural still keep it in your arsenal but you can stretch uses as a treat weeks apart. Do not do this treatment in a hurry, so if you don’t have the time to section your hair into at least 4 parts just park it for another day & don’t waste your money. At R225 for 237mls (it’s imported from & made in the US) & with my length and thickness I’m probably going to get 3-4 uses from this bottle. On the steep, but money well spent in my books! Buy it here from Birkeye. I’m keen to try it under the steamer soon. I currently only have 1 application left so I’m going to use it well! Be kind to your hair! W