Guys (for those of you who subscribe to new posts) I’m sorry for sending you another blooper this morning. I’d already written & scheduled the post but the pics were taking so damn long to upload and it was after 11pm last night so I thought I had cancelled the scheduling & do it 1st thing in the morning and well here we are.
Forgive me! xoxo
So Timehop just reminded me about one of my favourite trips we’ve taken & looking back at these pictures to narrow them down to these few makes me want to go back – and that’s the general problem with looking at vacation pictures especially when you don’t have another holiday in sight.
Addis was awesome, another quick last minute trip I tagged along on. We stayed at The Sheraton – how very Ethiopian, I know… When I think back to this trip, I think of 5 things:
- afternoons by the pool which in itself is awesome but many local families come to use the facilities for the day so there was lots of people watching (I think it may have been school holidays, else lots of bunking!) & I chatted to a few families
- giant oversized Ethiopian roses – you won’t believe that I’d be walking in the hotel’s rose garden & the bushes were taller than me (I’m 1.78m!)
- the Chinese are (were?) building a railway – and it felt like it was being constructed right on top of what was one the main road that ran through the city. So basically cars would drive on either side of this construction site, scraping their undersides, knocking their bumpers and just generally getting stuck. You needed a 4×4 but I loved that no one cared!
- Ethiopian women are incredibly beautiful. I was flat out staring many times.
- Coffee! Obviously we found the some a few amazing tourist free spots.