I first came across Egyptian Magic on the ‘gram, some 2/3 years ago. I remember thinking “But. What. On. Earth. Is. This?” The packaging, the name, everything about this threw me.
Of course I was skeptical. I couldn’t find any local reviews and since it was going to be an online purchase there was no opportunity to touch, smell and play with the product first. So I just kinda forgot about it. But every time it popped up on my feed my FOMO was real.
One day on a flight I saw it on the FlySAA Duty Free Mag so I bit the bullet and just got a jar. Since then every time he flies, A brings me a jar back! I would describe this as an all natural, all purpose alternative to Vaseline or Elizabeth Arden’s 8 Hour Cream – and it has a similar cult following too. I use mine as lip balm/primer, cuticle cream, a weekly foot masque (when I get into bed), and on bumps and bruises (I’m clumsy).
- it’s soooooo multi purpose (like more than I knew!)
- all natural – its really packed with 6 pure ingredients: olive oil, beeswax, honey, bee pollen, royal jelly, bee propolis
- no additives, preservatives, fragrances, chemicals or parabens & its cruelty free
- a little goes a loooooong way. I opened my first jar about 2 years ago – I use mine daily and I don’t think its halfway yet.
- I do wish it was a little more accessible, like in a (physical) retail store but hopefully they’ll get there
Some of its uses honestly blow me away and I haven’t tested them all but I’m now keen to (e.g. hair mask, eye cream) and there are certainly some I’ll skip (erm lubricant and vaginal moisturiser?!). I may even give it a go on Mishy’s eczema (we’re testing something else right now). As for acne & psoriasis – I don’t have any (thankfully) but if it’s worked for you in this department please let me know.
The brand is stocked at Sephora and Boots and is well worth the cash. It’s now available locally – R650 for the 59ml and R840 for the 118ml (get the big one, its wayyyyy better value!) and they ship nationwide. I currently have one jar at my bedside, one in car and two sealed as back up! Yup, I’m prettry hooked and don’t want to be caught without any!