The world may be getting ready for the Galaxy S IV launch but can we just press pause for a moment because after months (feel like years) of lusting I just got a S III for my birthday! I’ve been paying with the device for a couple of weeks now & it does takes some getting used to, but I love it already…
- It’s a gorgeous device & yes, I’m superficial like that. It’s super slim with rounded edges & has a large (but not too big at 4.8 inches) HD screen. I got mine in marble white & it’s just so pretty to look at.
- Admittedly I’m already used to the Samsung interface with my Galaxy Tab & Galaxy Note so I found it really easy to setup. Within an hour of opening the box & I’d moved all my contacts over with Kies (the data management system), downloaded all the basic apps I needed & changed the device’s default settings.
- It’s a good, comfortable fit to hold. It’s light & can even be operated with just one hand. At 133g (less than the weight of 2 small apples) it definitely won’t weigh down your bag & I easily slipped mine into a little clutch on a night out last week.
- The 8MP camera makes a digital camera obsolete. Since I got it, most of the pics on my blog have been taken with my S III & I love, love love the Best Photo function where 8 photos are snapped at high speed & the phone suggests the best one for you – perfect for blogging on the go.
- The charger cord is really short (99cm vs. a normal of 160cm for other brands). I feel like I need to sit right next to the plug while it charges. This is definitely a Samsung thing – I have the same challenge with my Galaxy Tab & Galaxy Note.
One thing I am still getting used to is having a fully touch screen device especially when it comes to typing, but I’m getting there as I use it more & more. I’m getting just under a day’s battery life from the device & that’s with pretty heavy social media & internet usage.
If I ran the brand
I would delay the S IV launch so I can bask in the glory of my S III just a tad longer 🙂
Need to know
The S IV is said to be launching this month (14th March) & there are so many rumours about the specs I won’t even start mentioning any here. But if the S III is anything to go by, I really need a SIV in my life!
Truth be told, the S III has a lot more features that I’ll ever need but as a gadget junkie that’s totally ok with me (& also why I’m forever broke!).