Today’s review is by fellow naturals blogger Nandi Zulu aka Hair of Heritage who lives in Sweden but was down on vacation in SA for a month – lucky lady! I got to meet her & her curls are soooo cute.
But, today’s post isn’t about hair. She was really impressed with the accommodation she stayed at while in Cape Town & was keen to share.
Cape Town is one of my two favorite cities in the world, and I love returning there. This time I was fortune enough to spend three amazing weeks in the Mother City. Since I travelled with one of my close friends and my 7 year old daughter we decided we wanted to stay in a vacation apartment instead of a hotel or hostel. This was my first stay in a vacation apartment in South Africa. We made our booking online by choosing the area we wanted to stay in (Gardens) and reading about the different places on the SA venues website . I contacted a few places that were of interest to see which place was available for our entire stay in CT. Thereafter we chose a 2 bedroom apartment at Cote Sud. We chose them due to great service (Robyn responded to emails the next day almost every time), location and price.
When we arrived the three of us were overjoyed! It was like coming home (I actually texted my parents saying we were never leaving, lol)! The apartment was spacious, with a large balcony, clean and had a homey feel to it. My daughter was of course overjoyed that there was a small pool (it’s not big, perfect for kids, or if you just need to cool down on a hot day, but not if you love swimming).
- The space! We were three to five people most of the time and never felt like we were on top of each other. For a two bedroom it was very spacious.
- The bathrooms! Both bedrooms had en suite bathrooms with a bathtub. And they were very clean!
- That the space felt like it could fit a family, a group of travelers, a couple, anyone really!
- The view; through one of the bedrooms window there was a view of Table Mountain, and through the other bedroom window and living room window there was a view of Lion’s Head.
- The closeness to restaurants, Kloof St. has an array of different places for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- The bed in the master bedroom was amazing! I usually miss my bed when I’m away, but not this time, I slept like a baby.
If I ran the place
- I’d install wifi in the house. (I actually found out after we got home when I emailed Robyn, that there are wireless dongles to rent out if you need them.)
Need to know
- If you get bothered by honking taxis in the morning or day time this isn’t the place for you. But, though Kloof St. is a busy street it’s quite calm in this area.
- 7 Eleven is right across the street, perfect when you are craving something sweet in the evening. 😉
- There is parking if you arrive with a car or rent a car during your stay in CT.
- They offer airport pick up and drop off if needed.
- The apartment is serviced Monday-Saturday, and there is a laundry service if needed.
Not a bad view from the living room 🙂
Lounge /dining room area
The pool was a hit 🙂
For rates check the website and email Robyn, we received a discount for our long stay which was awesome!