In 10 years of living in Jozi, I have moved around a lot – at least 5/6 times. The last time I moved house was just over a year ago into our current place. It was a stressful one as I was also getting married & so essentially it had the added complexity of moving our 2 respective apartments into one home on top of all the wedding planning and trying to finish up work to go on extended leave. I googled cardboard boxes (as one does) & came across something different – Rentabox‘s eco-boxes.
Eco-boxes measure 600mm x 400mm x 300mm (70 liters)
Essentially these are reusable plastic boxes. What I liked about the eco-boxes vs. the traditional cardboard version is:
- Reduced cost – it worked out cheaper overall
- User friendly – the eco-boxes are stackable & hard wearing. You don’t need to spend time building up & breaking down boxes. Also no need for scissors, tape etc. = no paper cuts 🙂
- Safety – eco-boxes are sealed close with cable ties so no worrying about the moving guys swiping your valuables
- Convenience – eco-boxes are ordered online, delivered to your door & collected when you’re done. You have an option of holding onto the them for 1 or 2 weeks (the price difference is very slight). Other packing materials like bubble wrap for breakables can also be supplied.
- Environmentally friendly – I mean who doesn’t want to save the planet? 🙂
I’m naturally pretty organized & stayed close to the detail of this entire move all the way. I found Rentabox‘s service to be of a really high standard. They responded to emails quickly & when I realised that I had ordered too few boxes, were flexible enough to let me add in a few more just days before the move. You know how sometimes weeks after your move you still have unpacked boxes? I like that the eco-boxes put me under a bit of pressure to get fully unpacked & settled in so I could get out down to enjoying our new home soonest.
This post was brought to you by Rentabox.