A couple of Sundays ago after a late (& bad!) lunch in Parkhurst we weren’t quite ready to go home when I had a brain wave that this would be the perfect time to finally go check out Filo since we’d heard so much them since their recent launch. It was a stunner of a day in Jozi so perfect froyo weather too…
The 1st thing that struck me was how fun the store looked but in a grown-up kind of way.
There are 6 flavours available on any given day & it’s self-serve (perfect for control freaks like me!)
Choices! And some healthy ones (fresh fruit) right at the end though you cant see it here…
I had to have a bit of everything…
- Of the 6 flavours I tasted my picks are plain (have it with fresh pineapple/strawberries) and also the salted caramel – super, super delish!
- The taste is full & creamy, its unbelievable that the fat content is so low – no more guilt!
- I love that they have a loyalty card – I’m such a sucker for loyalty cards!
- That there isn’t a store closer to me! 🙂
For two decent servings (read our bowls were practically filled to the brim), the bill came in at just over R70 which off the top of my head I imagine is about the same as other froyo I’ve had. I can kick myself for not trying it, but I’ve also heard people rave about the chocolate add-ons (see the toppings pic above). It comes in Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch, Milk Chocolate Crunch or Caramel Crunch at R5 extra and I’m told its well worth it!
If I ran the brand
- I’d deliver so I could get a fix on demand!
Need to know
- Filo also does healthy smoothies (500ml) for R30 and you can add in some protein for an extra R10.
- They’re open 7 days a week – until 7 pm Monday to Thursday & till 6pm Friday – Sunday
There are still so many other flavours like mango, forest berry, peanut butter, chocolate-hazelnut, Greek and watermelon left to sample. Filo made up for our lacklustre earlier lunch & is definitely worth a try!
Victory Park Shopping Centre, Corner Rustenburg Rd and 2nd Avenue (right next to the new Virgin Active)
Tel: (011) 7825563