Having a new place to eat open up in my ‘hood will always be a an event for me. I love seeing development happening in town, it just makes me really happy. I’d heard about Daleahs for a while & was itching to go but the hubby banned me until he was able to tag along (& for good reason we soon found out!).
We 1st made our way to Daleahs on Monday, only to find them closed, so settled for breakfast at nearby Post on that day. Determined, we went along for breakfast again on last Friday & were in luck.
It’s the bright green building diagonally opposite the 70 Juta street hub…
The salmon scramble we had was absolutely scrumptious, of the best I’ve had & I loved the presentation
- Daleahs is laid back & unpretentious. The kind of place I’d love to just sit & blog a few hours away
- They serve breakfast all day! Such a rare thing & I don’t understand why. I mean who doesn’t like to sleep in!?!
- Free wifi (this has recently become a factor in my life)
- The service was really good with Daleah herself checking in on us
- The coffee was also good too (Tazza D’Oro on the day), Daleah mentioned that they’re trying out a few different brands
- The menu is well priced. To give you an idea some examples are fries R8, Americano R10 & our salmon scramble with choice of toast, tomato & cream cheese was R50.
- nothing at all except maybe just the pre paid parking marshals that have sprung up all over the city, grrr!
Quirky/rustic touches of décor
If I ran the place
- I would maybe just add a few breakfast options (there were 3) but honestly, that said, I’ll be having the salmon scramble over & over again.
Need to know
- Daleahs is open Tuesday to Friday 8:30 to 17:00 & Saturdays & 10 – 17:30
6 De Beer Street, Braamfontein
Tel: 071 393 0542