I’m at a point if my life where I definitely don’t feel like I need to be following every new trend every season and have everything that catches my eye.
These days I’m really asking myself if I lust a particular item, what I have it my closet that it’ll work with and if I’ll still love it if/when the trend ends. I definitely “sleep on it” & if I’m still thinking about it days on, then I know…
This Winter, I’m hoping to add 2 key items to my closet that should be investment pieces:
1. Classic khaki trench coat
I donated my last one though I loved it. It was & around 9 years old & looking shabby. I’ve been looking for this since last Winter so it’s becoming urgent!
(source): Burberry (a girl can dream right?)
– shouldn’t have any frills like puffy sleeves etc. Classic is the operative word.
– should be the right shade of beige. Hard to explain but I’ll know when I see it
– should be lined (on the inside)
– ideally it should be all-weather i.e. not too heavy so I can wear it on a Summer evening too
I was hoping I would pick one up on our trip to Portugal, but no luck. So far the closet is one that I’ve seen at Gap at Stuttafords.
2. Tan leather boots
I have a collection of boots that I love, so I plan to add just one pair to this season.
(source): Pour La Victoire Malorie
My ideal boot:
– must be leather (obviously!)
– must be the right shade of tan (I seriously love tan leather, it wears beautifully!)
– they should be really flat (even flatter than in this pic)
– again I don’t want any frills, no buckles, straps etc.
– should be knee-high or over-the-knee & fit my calves (this can be a challenge!)
I’ve seen loads of boots though we’re not fully into Winter yet, but nothing remotely like what I want 🙁
I’ve looked at all the usual suspects for my 2 Winter must haves & I’m not keen to settle since these are investment pieces. Please shout if you see something you think will work, I’d appreciate it.
Keep warm & not long now till the weekend! 🙂