When my hubby came with a Sorbet gift voucher (thank you to whoever gave it to him!) I promptly confiscated it & tucked it away into my purse. I’ve seen their branches pretty much everywhere with new stores opening all the time but for some reason hadn’t tried them out yet.
Last week I was feeling a bit tired & jumped at the opportunity to book myself in at the Melrose Arch branch for a 30 minute back & neck massage (R 200) & their deluxe pedicure with French paint (R 235).
- The service was good, polished & professional throughout from the time I called to book. I even got a sms reminder the day before my appointment. The spa was nice & quiet when I was there (it was a weekday, mid afternoon & I was one of 2 people visiting).
- I had a good look around & was the spa was really clean & well-organized (I’m OCD like that!)
- they’re more than a nail bar (my initial pre conceived perception) & offer a pretty full service treatment menu from waxing, facials, massages & have a separate menu for gents & teens as well
- having had a look at the treatment menu, the treatments are fairly priced & good value
- you can earn Clicks club card points (I’m a sucker for loyalty points if you don’t know)
- while I was having my massage there was nice music playing but I could still hear the noise & shuffling happening outside the room, so I couldn’t quite fully relax. That said, few spa’s actually get this right…
the very comfy pedi stations
The lady who did my treatments was lovely (I wish I got gotten her name!). She wasn’t chatty so I could just tweet in peace when it came to my pedi & really took her time to make sure I was comfy & happy. I totally forgot to tell her that I like the lines on my French pedicure really thin & she was halfway through when I first looked up & she got it perfect anyway!
If I ran the place
- besides the noise I really wouldn’t change anything, I think Sorbet has a good offering for folks on the go.
Need to know
- I totally forget to pack slip slops to wear so that my pedi could dry (such a rookie mistake) & they had some on available for just R 40 (I then had to go to my next meeting in them but that’s another story for another post!)
I would recommend Sorbet for an efficient fuss-free spa experience especially if you don’t have the time & inclination to book into a day spa. I hope to be back soon!