So Zando isn’t all that new having launched in SA in January 2012. I used to get their newsletters but at some stage I unsubscribed in an attempt to manage my email better.
After their recent launch, I had another look at the brand and got pretty excited after trawling the site and doing some shopping so I thought I’d do a review of the site.
Zando home page (from my smartphone)
Shop by category (you can drill down to subcategory as well like sandals, boots etc. under shoes)
Here’s what I lusted, loved & loathed…
- There’s massive choice, with dozens of brands which includes some exclusive brands
- Delivery for orders above R250 are free (this is a nice, realistic amount unlike other sites)
- You have an array of payment options that includes COD (cash on delivery at a R10 handling fee) – which I wouldn’t have expected!
- The site is well laid out, easy to navigate and a pleasure to shop
- It also works well from different platforms, PC, tablet and a phone
- There’s a pretty neat offer not too many people seem to know about. If you buy for R500 on weekends, you get 20% off your purchase (full priced items only), with the code WEEKENDSTEALOCT
- Their returns policy is pretty fair, offering free returns within 14 days
- As soon as you order is placed you get an email confirmation almost instantly with a reference number that you can track online.
- Let’s face it, shopping is about instant gratification and with a 3 day delivery lead time in main centres, Zando definitely gets this.
- I really wish I could scroll more items at once instead of just 20 per page (I’m lazy)
- I had to re-enter my credit card details when I purchased on the site for a second time. I wish I could just enter my CVV like the Asos site does (I’m super lazy)
- when filtering by price (I’m frugal) the filter doesn’t work well and still gives mixed pricing instead of listing items in descending order of price
- They mentioned that they have someone you can chat to online to help with queries etc. but I couldn’t find that functionality on the site. It could be that I was shopping in the early hours of the morning though…
Basically Zando had taken the risk away from consumers so we can just focus on well, shopping!
Need to know
- The main objection I hear about online shopping is that women are afraid of ordering the wrong size and here there are 2 solutions:
- Take a few minutes, get a measuring tape out and use the size guide provided online – it’s worth it. After a few purchases you’ll get into the swing of things.
- Zando allows you to order 2 extra sizes of an item and the delivery guy will wait for 10 minutes while you try it on & take the incorrect sizes back with him – unheard of!
Confirmation email arrives in seconds!
If I ran the brand
- Besides fixing the things on my “loathe” list, I would love to see Zando have their own loyalty program to reward consumers (they are linked to eBucks)
And…you get R50 off your 1st purchase just for signing up to their newsletter on the homepage.