I’ve mentioned Nubian Nature before here & here and I’ve been using 2 of their products quite regularly since launch that’s definitely helped me to manage my ongoing dryness (left to right):
- Shea Lavender Moisture Souffle (250ml for R105) – I’ve used this as part of the LOC method, a moisturiser on damp/dry hair & as a styling aid (to slick back hair) and as a pre poo
- Hair Elixir (R120) – can be used same as above & in addition is also great for massaging into your scalp & hairline & as a hot oil treatment
- Ingredients – both products are really well formulated and doesn’t have any “gunk” in it. You know what I’m talking about: mineral oil, petroleum etc. etc.
- Still talking ingredients, the Shea Lavender Moisture Soufflé contains much sought after organic shea butter so it’s very moisturising
- The size! Even though these are sample/travel sizes, they were perfect for me to carry when travelling and to & from gym
- The Shea Lavender Moisture Soufflé has a beautiful texture – imagine whipped egg whites that “set”. It’s light & airy & will melt in your hands with your body heat making it easier to apply & spread.
- With the Hair Elixir – a little goes a really long way. They recommend 2/3 pumps but I probably use 4/5. It also has mongongo oil which has great sunscreen properties with summer coming up.
- The packaging could be more premium but hey its inside what counts. I’d rather not pay for fancy packaging
- I have heard people say they don’t enjoy the smell but honestly it doesn’t bother me. On the contrary I’ve quite liked the smell of both products,. It’s quite herbal & earthy – you can tell that no artificial perfumes etc. have been included.
Even though the these were travel sizes, they have surprised me by going a really long way, so it’s good value for money. You don’t need to use a lot of it for the products to work…
If I ran the brand
- I would probably spruce up the packaging a bit
- I would extend the line up to include a shampoo/conditioner (I’m told this is coming)
Need to know
- You can buy both the Shea Lavender Moisture Soufflé & Hair Elixir as a bundle for R205 (that’s a R15 saving).
- Also be sure to pick up a satin scarf for R50 when you’re on their site. I’ve been using mine religiously & its generously sized…
- Orders are online only at http://www.nubiannature.co.za/ and a R50 flat delivery fee applies
The Nubian Nature team has mentioned that they will have some more news in terms of products for us soon. Also, I got their Mango-Citrus Nourishing Whipped Crème & Hair Essence to trial so I will definitely keep you posted.
Be kind to your hair!