A massage, mani & pedi are my favourite spa treatments. In fact, you’ll rarely find me booking in for anything else. After my hair, the most time I spend on my grooming is definitely my feet, trying to keep them in good nick between pedis. As you can imagine, home care is really important. I’ve tried a bunch of different brands over the years but was excited to try Charlotte Rhys recently when they sent me some samples.
If you don’t know the brand, Charlotte Rhys is local and Cape Town based. I first came across the brand in various hotels throughout SA and started sampling them that way. They were also stocked by Grootbos on a recent trip but more on that in another post… The two foot creams I trialled are part of the relatively new Spa Range which as you’ve correctly concluded is made for use in & sold in retail spa’s which really got my expectations up.
How I used it:
- the Enriched Foot Cream (left) was the basis of my regime daily regime, always used after a shower in the evenings/mornings
- I don’t really have an issue with cracked heels (thankfully) but I did supplement the Cracked Heel Repair on days my feet needed more TLC than normal.
- I really love that this is a proudly South African brand – I don’t really know of any others playing is this league
- the Enriched Foot Cream, while it moisturizes well, is not greasy (a key concern for foot creams) and after about 15 minutes you can step into your shoes for the day and be good to go.
- both creams are well formulated (I’m always checking the ingredients list on all products lately):
1. the Enriched Foot Cream has glycerine, baobab seed oil, cocoa butter & vitamins A, E & C
2. the Cracked Heel Repair is even more packed with nourishing ingredients including aloe, shea butter, tea tree oil, sunflower seed oil, olive oil, cocoa butter & peppermint oil
- both creams have the same peppermint scent (common in foot creams across brands) – its slight, not at all offensive.
- the brand doesn’t do any animal testing which is something I’m becoming more & more aware of…
- there really isn’t anything I didn’t like about these 2 products, they got the job done just fine but I would have like to use them as part of a full regime like I normally would with my usual brand (i.e. with their foot soak and foot scrub) to really see & feel the full effect.
I used both products for the last month or more and they did a good job of moisturising my feet – a little goes a long way. Just a note on the Cracked Heel Repair – it is a more intense formulation as you’d expect so I recommend use at overnight only. Even if you don’t have dry/cracked heels I recommend using it instead of the Enriched Foot Cream once a week for an extra bit of TLC.
Need to know
- both creams are quite well priced:
1. the Enriched Foot Cream – R56.22
2. the Cracked Heel Repair – R59.85
If I ran the brand
- I have been able to visit their beautiful stores at the V&A Waterfront and Constantia (both in Cape Town). If you can’t get there they do also have various stockists and you can shop online but I still would love a Jozi store please!