I’ve already mentioned how far up my list of #favouritethings Reuben’s is. So on a recent trip to Cape Town we decided to escape the drudgery of our budget hotel’s breakfast and head out to Reuben’s for our 1st breakfast with them…
We’d already, over countless meals at Reuben’s in Franschhoek said how awesome it would be to have this level of yuminess for breakfast but at the time, with just the one branch, they were open for lunch and dinner only. And so Reuben’s at the One&Only was a dream come true as they serve breakfast for the hotel guests and we were only too keen to join in.
Oh, the grandeur!
Postcard perfect view!
- The setting which overlooks the Marina at the Waterfront – you need to see this for yourself. There are no words…
The buffet went on & on & on…
- The sheer volume of food – it literally was the longest breakfast buffet I had ever seen!
- Everything looked super fresh & it was well stocked to the end. I like to sleep in so I loathe when the buffet isn’t refreshed as the time for serving breakfast draws closer.
- The variety of food available – right up to oysters!
Perfectly poached eggs
- The service was outstanding as usual. I asked for a croissant from the buffet to be warmed up and it was delivered to my table in no time!
- This sounds insignificant but I love that every single dish was labelled – I hate trying to guess what things are. Love the attention to detail.
- There really is nothing to loathe about this experience except perhaps the price. At R225 pp (including all beverages) this wasn’t really good value (I don’t eat oysters ok!) and while everything was good, there was nothing special about the food vs. good breakfasts I’ve had elsewhere and none of that wow factor I’ve become used to from dining at Reuben’s.
If I ran the place
- I’d add some signature dishes to the warm menu, just something different/unique.
- I’d add freshly squeezed OJ (orange juice) for sure. To me this is the mark of an excellent breakfast.
Need to know
- Breakfast is served buffet style and you then order your hot breakfast off their menu.
- You need to book!
If you’re keen for a Reuben’s experience rather add a bit more money and go for lunch or dinner instead – it’s what they do best. Alternatively, check out their website for some amazing offers like the one above.
Still, I’m glad I ticked the box….
Reuben’s at the One&Only Cape Town
Dock Road, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town 8001, South Africa
+27 21 431 4511 or +27 21 431 5888