… that’s the Aussie philosophy – I love!
If you haven’t figured me out by now I don’t like doing products review after product review. I mean there are a gazillion products in the world, I’m not even going to try. And it gets boring (there I said it!). There are often products that I (blog aside) have been dying to get my hands on. Enter Aussie…
I went along to the launch of the street art campaign (you may have noticed the change come through on the packaging) weeks back. It’s the same stuff in bottle, they’ve just made the bottles more funky. The shampoo and conditioner contain the acclaimed Australian Kangaroo Paw Flower though as much as I Googled I couldn’t find out anything about its benefits. The 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor (which honestly is the 1 products I was lusting after) contains Australian Balm Mint – which is packed with benefits (in fact if you Google Australian Balm Mint, loads of Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor articles come up) but more on that later…
I tried out:
- Mega Shampoo 300ml R64.99
- Mega Conditioner 250ml R64.99
- 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor (deep conditioner) 250ml R84.99
& here’s what I thought…
- The smell! If you grew up in Cape Town in the 80’s you’ll remember the “Bubblegum” Gatti’s icecream we all loved. It smells like that. You’ll want to eat it!
- Did I mention the smell. I’m a sucker for a nice smelling products (half of the reason why I was hooked on Kerestase for years). It’s, so, so good!
- Balm mint (in the 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor) extract is an essential oil also know as “the healing herb” & has pretty amazing benefits all round for skin, hair and even when ingested (in tea). For hair specifically, known to be soothing, antifungal (could help with dandruff) & an anti oxidant (could help with colour preservation). Read more here.
- The only thing my fro didn’t like is the sizes Aussie comes in. A 250ml conditioner/treatment doesn’t go too far on my hair. I know (ok I saw it in my friend’s shower – I’m stalker-ish like that!) that Aussie do make huge 1 litre plus sizes (bottles with pump heads) abroad. I hope we get this in SA soon!
Enjoy these pics from the street party launch…
My attempt at street art – putting my fro on a bag (not sure the barman likes it)…
The reverse side was *a bit* better…
I gave up and headed for the cupcakes 🙂
If I ran the brand
- Um can we have those jumbo sizes in SA pretty please? 🙂
Need to know
- The shampoo is not sulphate free but the bottle says its for “everyday cleansing”. Now I would never shampoo my hair everyday anyway (and neither should you!) so maybe use this on every alternate wash. I will say that my hair felt clean but hardly striped after using it.
- Interestingly all 3 product’s directions say to rinse with warm water. I don’t mind that after the shampoo, but for the conditioner and deep conditioner I stuck to my (dreaded) cold rinse to seal my cuticles.
- The conditioner has an interesting dispensing mechanism that took me a while to figure. Once you remove the seal just squeeze. Its quite neat!
- You can get Aussie products at Clicks and Dischem
With dryness being an ongoing issue for me I’m keen to try the Aussie Miracle Moisture range next…
Be kind to your hair!
PS I’ll be collaborating with Aussie on an exciting new campaign with 4 other bloggers next month so watch this space – a ridiculous Aussie hamper will be up for grabs. I just hope that my creative skills sharpen up by then! 🙂