Lush‘s Happy Hippy shower gel was a completely unplanned purchase. You know how people always say it’s windy in Cape Town? Well it was so windy that the shower gel I packed blew off the window sill and a couple of floors down and went missing. Of course I only realised that hours later just as I was getting a bit panicked that the cleaning staff may have swiped it. And so off I went shopping!
I was in the Waterfront & decided it was a good time to make my first Lush purchase. I chatted to one of their (very friendly) store assistants and she recommended their Happy Hippy shower gel – one of their best sellers. Now I don’t see myself as much of a hippy but I wasn’t disappointed in the least.
- As soon as I flipped the lid open in-store and got a little whiff I was sold. It’s citrusy, sweet & fresh. It smells like Summer – very yum!
- The scent is also unisex, which was a pre requisite for this purchase
- A little goes a long way, it’s quite concentrated & foams up nicely
- At R59.99 it’s waaaaaaaay cheaper than my normal shower gel
- My bottle is finish and now I have to wait to get to Cape Town to restock *groan*
Lush‘s Happy Hippy shower gel was a gamble but turned out to be a surprisingly good buy – I would definitely repurchase.
Need to know
- Lush now also have a second store in Cavendish Square (Cape Town)
If I ran the brand
- I’d open in Jozi asap – obviously!