It’s no accident that I haven’t blogged much about one of my personal favourite brands – I really just don’t know where to start!
It’s probably been 6/7 years since I was introduced to the Crabtree & Evelyn (via a gift) and I haven’t looked back. I certainly haven’t tried everything they do but I have tried lots and I keep going back to my favourites (I’m boring like that!). So I thought a good starting point might be that very 1st Crabtree & Evelyn gift I got that did the magic to get me hooked – the La Source 60 Second Fix for Hands. I mean, that’s a rather strong claim in the product’s name right?
Basically the La Source 60 Second Fix for Hands consists of 2 products (which are also sold individually):
- La Source Hand Recovery (100g) – a scrub
- La Source Hand Therapy (100g) – a hand cream
How it works is that you apply the scrub to dry hands and massage vigorously. You rinse and pat dry and can immediately feel the difference. Some people have said that the scrub itself is moisturising enough on its own but the two products are meant to be a system so the idea is that you follow-up with the hand cream (you only need a pea sized amount). It’s really nothing short of magic.
- It works! It really, really works! I don’t know of any other products that can say this as strongly…
- When it comes to scents, I love all things La Source – to sum it up it smells like a beach holiday (yes please!)
- The scrub is nice and abrasive, giving the results that I love.
- It contains sought after shea butter – giving it that luxurious ultra moisturising properties
- Perhaps the only downside to people trying this is out is the price. The La Source 60 Second Fix for Hands retails for R650 but the good news is that that’s about a 10% saving on if you bought the 2 products individually.
It’s somewhat embarrassing how I’ve how I’ve raved about this product to everyone and anyone. My colleagues will tell you if you came my desk I’d find a way to angle it into the conversation and even had a jug of water o stand by for the rinse (that pot plant didn’t live long)…
If I ran the brand
- Can we start local production so we can skip the nasty import taxes?! Anyway I might personally be easily convinced to work at a Crabtree & Evelyn factory if the staff discount was good enough 🙂
Need to know
- The have a pretty decent loyalty card too that accumulates 5% of spend – points rack up quickly – it’s definitely worth it!
- They so also sell a mini La Source 60 Second Fix for Hands with travel sizes of the scrub & hand cream
- If like me you like using products from one range, they do also sell a La Source scented hand wash, cuticle cream and too many others to mention, check it out here.
- They also have an online store with free standard delivery for over R 1000.
It took a lot of convincing but I have since tried the 60 Second Fix for Hands in other scents and my other favourite is the Citron, Honey & Coriander. I do also wish that they would do it in India Hicks (which is my other favourite Crabtree scent) so fingers crossed that that will come sometime soon (they already do a hand cream but no scrub yet).
I should also mention I have a thing about hands (& feet if I’m honest!) and always notice them on people. A groomed & polished appearance with weathered/aged/neglected hands (or feet!) is something that baffles me (and a fear for myself!).
If you haven’t tried the 60 Second Fix for Hands and need some convincing (I don’t blame you if you think I’m exaggerating) just walk into any of their stores – almost all have basins built-in so you can do the rinse and everything right there (but skip their hand towel, I’m OCD)…
So worth the splurge! I don’t know what else to say – I love this stuff & my
house life is overflowing with it (I have a set at every basin and the min versions in my handbag). They have the best sales so I stock up!
PS I got to interview the founder of Crabtree & Evelyn SA last year – made me fall in love with the brand that much more (yes it’s possible), check it our here.